Our courses are designed to introduce you to the exciting world of earth and environmental sciences, petroleum engineering and planetary science. We will train you in a wide range of laboratory and field skills and allow you to explore topics - from cosmochemistry to sedimentary petrology to pollution control, depending on your interests - to an advanced level.
We want you to discover a fascination for the processes that shape our Earth and other planets and provide us with valuable resources. We will also help you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to launch a successful career. We provide opportunities for work experience and you can also opt to spend some time studying abroad or take a year working in industry.
Earth Sciences and Geology
- Earth Sciences MEarthSci (4 years)
- Geology BSc (3 Years)
- Geochemistry BSc (3 Years)
- Environmental and Resource Geology BSc (3 Years)
- Geography and Geology BSc (3 Years)
- Geography and Geology with a Year Abroad BSc (4 Years)
- Geology with Planetary Science BSc (3 Years)
- Geology with Planetary Science MEarthSci (4 Years)
- Environmental Science BSc (3 Years)
- Environmental Science with Industrial Experience BSc (4 Years)
- Environmental Science with a Year Abroad BSc (4 Years)
You may also be interested in the Environmental Management BA run by our sister school, the School of Environment and Development.
Would you like to study here but don't have the right entry qualifications? Why not consider a Foundation Year course?
The Integrated Foundation Year is "year zero" of a four or five year course leading to a degree from one of the schools of science or engineering at the University of Manchester.