Our primary concern is to train you to be skilled geo, earth and environmental scientists or petroleum engineers with specialist knowledge and skills which will attract employers.
Our courses include activities which build up your capabilities and develop your experience of teamwork, problem solving, report writing, presentation and communication – all essential skills for any job.
The employability of our graduates is supported by:
- Talks and presentations from potential employers
- Visits to career fairs/events, both at the university and elsewhere
- Specific (tutorial) sessions focusing on careers skills such as writing applications, CVs and covering letters
- Advice and help with a personal development plan to identify your career options and the steps you need to take to get the jobs you really want
- Scholarships and prizes sponsored by major companies for distinguished students and projects
- A dedicated careers team, including careers advisers within the School and at the University Careers Service
- CV clinics and career advice sessions and interviews
- Active support for internships, project placements and the possibility to spend a year in industry to gain valuable experience
- Mentoring Schemes run by the University Careers Service
Your career path
Career paths in...
Discover the successful careers of other former students.