All facilities within the Mineral Analysis Facility must be booked prior to use.
If you are a new user of the facility, you should:
- Consult with relevant members of Mineral Analysis Facility staff regarding your specific requirements. For this reason, it is vital that you are able to effectively communicate your data requirements. If you are unsure, please discuss this in advance with your supervisor or line manager.
- Once decision has been reached regarding the technique(s)/instrumentation that will be required in order to best meet your specific needs, you MUST:
- Produce a suitable and sufficient risk assessment for the work to be carried out and complete a COSHH form as appropriate.
- Arrange and undertake any training required.
- Once the member of Mineral Analysis Facility staff responsible is satisfied that you are able to operate the instrument in a safe and efficient manner you can register for the on-line instrument booking system.
For regular, trained users of Mineral Analysis Facility service instrumentation, once registered, please click the link below for access to the on-line instrument booking system.